If you’ve already successfully set up Zoom, please see our second article on ‘How to set up an online code editor and use Zoom in class’
Before you download Zoom, please check that your child has access to:
- A laptop or computer (we do not support use of tablets) with a strong internet connection, and full battery for the session.
- A headset or earphones are strongly advised, to reduce background noise.
- Most laptops come with an in-built microphone, but please check this.
- A parent to help them set up, 10 minutes before the session starts.
Step 1: Download Zoom
To download Zoom, head to:
- The download should happen automatically. If it does not, try clicking this link to download again.
- The download may appear here - if it does, click to load.
If you do not see the download here, try checking your download folder on your computer.
Step 2: Create a Zoom account
- Create a new account or sign up with any of the other suggested options.
- Selecting ‘Keep me signed in’ is recommended
STEP 3: Launch Zoom, our Virtual Classroom software
Click the link provided by your BlueShift tutor or classroom.
- If this window pops up, click Open zoom.us and skip steps 2 and 3. If Zoom does not open then try pressing ‘click here’.
- If Zoom continues to be uncooperative then the lesson may be joined in the browser.
- The downloaded Zoom app provides the best reliability, however this browser option is available if necessary.
- If this is your first launch or you have an external mic/speaker you may want to test your equipment by clicking.
- If you are confident your equipment is working well then click ‘Join with Computer Audio’.
Congratulations. You are all set to go for your lesson!
Please see our second article on ‘How to set up an online code editor and use Zoom in class’
If any problems persist or you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the BlueShift team!