Our online classrooms use the Zoom video chat app, and so require one of the following operating systems:
Supported operating systems
- macOS X with macOS 10.7 or later
- Windows 10
- Windows 8 or 8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista with SP1 or later
- Windows XP with SP3 or later
- Ubuntu 12.04 or higher
- Mint 17.1 or higher
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4 or higher
- Oracle Linux 6.4 or higher
- CentOS 6.4 or higher
- Fedora 21 or higher
- OpenSUSE 13.2 or higher
- ArchLinux (64-bit only)
Processor and RAM requirements
We’re aware that these requirements may seem scary! So we’ve included some simple guidance for checking them below.
- Single Core 1Ghz or Higher
- Dual Core 2Ghz or Higher (i3/i5/i7 or AMD equivalent)
- 4GB RAM
Checking your processor and RAM on a Mac
To check your processor speed, you can click the apple icon in your Finder menu and “about this mac”. This will open a popup window with your computer’s processing speed and RAM.
Checking your processor and RAM on a Windows PC
- Open Windows 10’s ‘Setting’s app.
- Navigate to Settings > System > About.
- There will be a heading called “Device specifications.”
- Your processor speed is the last number beside “processor” (3.6GHz here)
- memory = RAM beside “Installed RAM” (12GB here)