At BlueShift, our top priority is always the safety and wellbeing of our students, parents and staff. That's why we have thought carefully about our upcoming camps and what we can do to ensure we keep our community safe.
Please be aware these policies will be shared with you in more detail once you have booked a camp with us.
- If anyone from your household is experiencing coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms, or have tested positive in at least the last 10 days, please notify us and do not send your child to camp.
- Please arrive within the specific time slot we have allocated to your child's class to ensure social distancing is adhered to. Please be prompt as there will be no access to the venue before your allocated time slot. If you miss your slot, you will be able to drop off/pick up your child only after everyone else has been dropped off/picked up.
- Please refrain from chatting to other parents at the school gates, or congregating in large groups.
- Be aware that parents are not allowed on site at any time during camp - you will be kept up to date via ClassDojo on how your child is doing throughout the day and staff will be available to talk to outside if you have any questions or concerns.
- In order to ensure everyone's safety, parents will not be able to meet and speak with the teachers at the site. Please use the ClassDojo app to get in touch with your child's teacher.
- Please make sure your child is bringing a mask with them to camp, it is not mandatory for children under 11 to wear them. More details about the masks are below.
- Hand sanitiser will be widely available across the site, and students will be asked to regularly wash/sanitise their hands especially before and after eating, play and entrance/exit from camp.
- Each class will have a teacher:student ratio of 1:6 with a maximum of 12 students. Therefore each class will have two adults to provide wrap-around care at playtime, ensuring class bubbles can be adhered to.
- Lunch will be eaten in classrooms to reduce the risk of bubbles mixing.
- Playtime will be staggered with bubbles having different time slots to play outside. Children will have 30 minutes of outside play each day. Equipment will be cleaned before and after playtime.
- Staff will be regularly cleaning common areas as well as classrooms.
- Please be aware that our late pick-up service is not available.
- If anyone from your household experiences cornavirus (COVID-19) symptoms, or tests positive after camp, please notify us immediately so we can follow track and trace guidance.
- Parents/carers: parents/carers need to wear masks when dropping off and picking up their child.
- Children: Children under 11 are advised to bring masks to camps and wear them when being dropped off/picked up, or when entering communal areas, going to the toilet, etc. It is not mandatory for children under the age of 11 to wear masks as long as they follow social distancing procedures. Children who are 11+ are required to wear masks in all communal areas.
- BlueShift teachers: teachers will be wearing masks in all communal areas. Teachers will not be wearing masks when interacting with their 'bubble' inside the classrooms or during playtime, but will keep 1m distance where possible.
- BlueShift staff: Blueshift staff will be wearing masks at all times when interacting with parents, students and teachers. Staff members will follow social distancing rules and will only come into contact with students in case of an emergency.
Other safety measures:
- Upon arrival, the child's temperature will be measured and they will be asked to sanitise their hands.
- We will constantly measure BlueShift staff temperatures.
- Teachers and staff members will have minimal contact with each other, always maintaining social distancing and wearing masks.